Perthon Design Notes
- Human readable output -- Although very possible to reimplement the
Python interpreter in Perl, that is not the goal.
- Should Perthon rigorously follow the Python language spec? or should
it merely add a Pythonic dialect to Perl? Time will tell how realistic
the former is. Or should the type of code generation be a compiler
- Optionally work as a Perl source code filter.
- Provide high integration with Perl (e.g. Perthon code manipulating
Perl data structures and calling CPAN modules).
- How much run-time v.s. static checking is done?